Math Prep Workshops
Mathematics Preparation for Engineers (Fall 2017)
Last Update: Friday, 16. June, 2017
Get the inside scoop on Math 100!
Our classes are specifically designed to prepare you for your first university-level calculus course - it’s not the same as high school!
These courses are also recommended for those who have not studied mathematics recently, and for those entering Math 101 in the Fall term.
Students are assumed to have successfully completed Pure Math 30 and Math 31 (or equivalents).
Algebraic Techniques for Engineering Calculus:
This three-hour workshop is a review of concepts and algebraic skills necessary for success in mathematics in general and calculus in particular.
Topics include mathematical logic, absolute value, solving inequalities, graphing transformed functions, and the algebra of functions (piecewise, composite).
Mathematics Preparation for Engineers:
This eight-hour workshop features an intensive review of differential and integral calculus, with an eye towards preparing students for the rigours of Math 100.
Topics include limits (including indeterminate forms), continuity, the derivative (definition, properties, rules of differentiation), applications of the derivative (curve sketching, related rates), anti-derivatives, and properties of the definite integral (definition, Fundamental Theorem).
- Mathematics Preparation for Engineers:
Session A: Monday - Thursday, Aug. 28 - 31, 10:00 - 12:00 daily
Locations: CAB 273
Session B: Friday, Sept. 8, 5:00 - 7:00 & Saturday - Sunday, Sept. 9 - 10, 12:30 - 3:30 daily
Location: CAB 273
- Algebraic Techniques for Engineering Calculus: Thursday, Sept. 7, 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: CAB 273
- CAB = Central Academic Building
- SAB = South Academic Building
- Mathematics Preparation for Engineers: $90 (incl. GST)
- Algebraic Techniques for Engineering Calculus: $35 (incl. GST)
Registration and Payment:
- Online registration is available via the following link:
If the online class is listed as “full” then please drop by the MASC office as further space has
been reserved for in-office registration, and may still be available …
- In-office registration will be available starting 1. August in our office (CAB 289) on
Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon.
- Pre-registration via email at email@example.com. Payment is then due in CAB 289 by debit, or cash up to 30 minutes before the first class.
A full refund is issued for any MASC session if and only if a notification of withdrawal from the session was received in the registration office in CAB 289 either in person or in writing at least two business days prior to the affected session.